https://www.fapjunk.com https://fapmeister.com

Court Remands 37 Suspects in Kwahu Bepong Attacks Case


The Nkawkaw district court has ordered the remand of all 37 suspects arrested in connection with the attacks in Kwahu Bepong. They are set to appear before the court again on Friday, February 23, 2024.

During the court session presided over by His Worship Isaac Adjei, a total of 37 suspects were brought before the bench.

The Ghana Police Service (GPS) apprehended these individuals in relation to the assaults on the Bepong Chiefs palace and several police officers at Kwahu Bepong in the Eastern Region.

Initially, the Police Service had detained 25 individuals connected to the attack. Subsequently, 12 more suspects were arrested over the incident.

POPULAR:   Akufo-Addo Assigns Additional Responsibilities to Ministers

The violent episode unfolded on February 4, 2024, when the suspects launched an assault on the Bepong Chiefs Palace, resulting in injuries to seven individuals, including five police officers.

Following the incident, two fatalities were reported, allegedly due to stray bullets fired by the police in efforts to disperse the crowd.

The turmoil transpired at the chief’s palace, where law enforcement officials had intervened to rescue an alleged suspect accused of committing a double homicide in Adwumasu, a farming community within the Kwahu South Municipality.

The suspect, identified as 23-year-old Kwasi Tenkorang, was reportedly an ex-convict accused of raping and murdering a 45-year-old woman, Akua Kyerewaa. Additionally, a 65-year-old man, Kwasi Antwi, was fatally injured while attempting to intervene during the incident.

POPULAR:   NCA Shuts Down Radio Stations Amid Bawku Conflict

An eyewitness known only as Frederick narrowly escaped harm while witnessing the events and being pursued by the suspect.

The suspect, who had been evading authorities since the incident, was apprehended on Sunday, February 4th, and taken into custody at the chief’s palace.

Community members, upon learning of the arrest, gathered at the palace, demanding the suspect’s immediate release for “instant justice.” However, when the police intervened to prevent a potential lynching, the situation escalated, with the crowd turning violent and attacking law enforcement officials.

Related articles

Recent articles