Close

Farmer behind bars for damaging colleague’s cocoa farm

logo

logo



The Tarkwa District Magistrate Court One has put Samuel Asamoah, a 25-year-old farmer, behind bars for damaging a colleague’s cocoa farm at Huniso.   

The convict, who pleaded guilty to causing unlawful damage to 68 cocoa trees, is currently serving an 18-month prison term in hard labour.  

Police Inspector Patrick Essien, the prosecutor, told the court that the complainant, Bukari Imoro, and Asamoah were farmers and both lived in Anokyekrom, a village near Huniso in the Prestea Huni-Valley Municipality.  

He said the complainant’s and the convict’s farms were in different locations, far apart.  

In April 2025, Asamoah visited the complainant’s farm twice, and chopped down sixty-eight mature cocoa trees with fruits.  

Trending:  Newcastle stadium plans in limbo - Howe

He said the complainant went to his farm afterwards and found that his cocoa trees had been felled. 

He suspected Asamoah was responsible for the damage, given his prior record.  

The complainant reported the issue to village leaders, and Asamoah was summoned but refused to appear. 

Inspector Essien said that after Asamoah was invited, the complainant learned that Asamoah was going around the community, claiming he caused the damage to the cocoa plantation, threatening to chop more trees, and that he did.  

Trending:  Kai Rooney Injured — Manchester United Starlet Left Heartbroken

The prosecution said the complainant reported the matter to the Tarkwa Police on April 6, 2025, and that Asamoah was arrested.  

He said Asamoah told the police during the investigation that he damaged the cocoa trees but could not provide a solid explanation for why he did so.  

DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.

DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.

Trending:  Carabao Cup: The battle for Wembley begins

Source: www.myjoyonline.com
scroll to top