Passport details have identified the man as Russian
The Minister of Communication, Samuel Nartey George, has disclosed the passport details of a Russian national at the centre of an ongoing intimate-content controversy, stating that the move is intended to establish the suspect’s identity and protect women who have been publicly misrepresented.
Addressing the matter on February 18, 2026, Sam George said authorities are in possession of the man’s Russian passport.
Russian National Sex Scandal: Details of Ghana’s meeting with Russian Ambassador
“We have his passport, which we will be sharing with the media, his Russian passport,” he said.
“His first name is Vladislav and his last name is Liulkov. The passport with which he entered the country will be shared with the media so that his identity is made known,” he added.
Details on the passport identify the individual as Vladislav Aleksandrovich Liulkov, a Russian Federation national born on September 19, 1989. The document also confirms his nationality as Russian.
Sam George stressed that investigations so far indicate that several women whose images circulated online were not involved in any intimate encounters with the man.
“Let us be clear, not all the women he has publicised were engaged in an intimate encounter with him,” he stated.
According to the Ningo-Prampram MP, some cases reviewed by cybersecurity investigators show that the encounters were brief and took place in public settings, with no evidence of sexual activity.
“Some of the cases that have come to us show that he barely met the women at malls, greeted them, and briefly engaged them,” Sam George explained.
“Cybersecurity checks indicate that in some instances there is no video of him with those ladies beyond the mall encounters,” he added.
Despite this, he said the man allegedly portrayed the women online as though they had been involved in intimate acts with him.
“However, he splashed their images as though he had intimate encounters with all of these ladies. That is wrong, and such a person must be brought to face the full rigours of the law,” he said.
The lawmaker further appealed to the public to show compassion toward the affected women, noting the serious psychological impact the situation has had on some of them.
“That is why we are calling for empathy for these ladies. There are people who are genuinely innocent and have not had any intimacy with the said gentleman. But because he portrayed all of them as victims, it has been traumatising for many of them,” he added.
Identity used by Russian man in viral intimate videos fake – Ambassador
He revealed that the fallout has been severe for some individuals affected by the incident.
The case is being handled by relevant state institutions, including the Ghana Police Service, with cybersecurity experts assisting investigations as authorities work to establish the full scope of the alleged misconduct and ensure accountability.
MAG/MA
Auto dealers respond to 15% price cut announcement
Source:
www.ghanaweb.com

