Larry Madowo is a Kenyan journalist
A Kenyan journalist and CNN International correspondent, Larry Madowo, has revealed that a Russian national identified as Yaytselav, accused of filming his sexual escapades with several Ghanaian women, had been operating across Africa for some time.
In a video shared on his X page on Monday, February 16, 2026, Madowo said the suspect lured women to his room under false pretenses and recorded the encounters without meaningful consent.
Secret Filming of Ghanaian Women: Russian man to be extradited to Ghana – Sam George
According to him, some of the footage dates back to March 2025, while other videos were recorded as recently as September 2025.
“I know this because I’ve been speaking to some of the victims, the women in those videos. I’ve also spoken to a few women who turned him down to understand his tactics. He appears to not really know a lot of English that you see in the videos,” Madowo stated.
He noted that Yaytselav appeared to have limited English proficiency, with much of the communication reportedly conducted through Google Translate. Once the women arrived at his room, he allegedly pressured them almost immediately.
Russian Embassy responds to outrage over viral videos
“A lot of the conversation happened using Google Translate, and he appeared to be targeting vulnerable women,” he added.
Madowo further disclosed that in Kenya, some of the women involved say they feel abandoned by their government, particularly when compared to the response in Ghana.
“The Kenyan women feel violated, and they feel that their government has abandoned them in this instance, compared to what the Ghanaian government has done,” he added.
Larry Madowo further noted that efforts to extradite the Russian national to face charges are unlikely to succeed, as the country generally does not extradite its citizens.
” Trying to get him extradited back to the country to face charges, even though that’s unlikely. Russia does not extradite its citizens, but the government in Ghana says they will try him in absentia anyway”, he added.
The Minister of Communications, Digital Technology and Innovation, Samuel Nartey George, has stated that the government will pursue all available legal and diplomatic avenues to ensure the suspect is brought before a Ghanaian court.
He disclosed that steps are being taken to collaborate with international law enforcement agencies, including INTERPOL, as well as Russian authorities.
The Russian national travelled to Ghana, lured women into private encounters, recorded them without their consent and subsequently published the videos online.
The videos sparked outrage and concern across Ghana, with the public expressing anger over the actions of the Russian national.
See the video below :
I’ve found out more about how a Russian man exploited so many Kenyan and Ghanaian women – by speaking to his victims who were all filmed without consent pic.twitter.com/SJUQ3jq0R2
— Larry Madowo (@LarryMadowo) February 16, 2026
JKB/AM
Cabinet instructs COCOBOD to begin repayment to all affected cocoa farmers
Source:
www.ghanaweb.com
